We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner - Ascension St. Mary's Urgent Care & Walk In Clinic - PRN, Rotating
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a community where provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services.
Advanced Practice Providers benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
The Nurse Practitioner will provide for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions at our two Urgent Care locations.
- Ascension Medical Group - Urgent Care in Birch Run
- Ascension Medical Group - Walk-in Clinic on Gratiot Road in Saginaw Township
- Hours Monday through Friday are 10 am to 7pm, Saturday & Sunday are 8 am to 5 pm.
- PRN, rotating schedule
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Must be comfortable being a solo provider.
What You Will Need
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Prefer 1 year experience as a nurse practitioner in family medicine, emergency department or urgent care
- Must be comfortable being a solo provider with physician access by phone
- Able to see all ages
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.