We Are Hiring
You will enjoy managing a fast-paced Operating Room (OR) with 18 suites and cases that include trauma, cardiac, neuro hybrid/biplane, robotics, ortho, and pediatric. The Surgery Department's Nursing Manager leads the OR team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. Sacred Heart Hospital is a 550-bed, level II trauma center in Pensacola that includes the region's only facility specializing in the care of children -- the Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart.
What You Will Do:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
Why Join Ascension Sacred Heart?
At Sacred Heart, part of Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
What You Will Need:
- Education: Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing is required; BSN strongly preferred.
- Experience: At least 3 years' RN leadership experience in a minimum 10-suite OR is required; OR Manager experience is strongly preferred, but Charge Nurse experience will be considered.
- Licensure: Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Florida. Credentialed from State Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certifications: Current CNOR certification; BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Special Skills/Abilities: Expert knowledge of nursing principles, practices and skills, as well as performance improvement principles. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and the ability to function independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)