We Are Hiring
Our Lady of Peace in Lewiston, NY -- a part of Ascension Living -- has an IMMEDIATE OPENING for an LPN Licensed Practical Nurse in the SNF NURSING UNIT A Department on a Full-Time/Evenings/37.50 Hours Per Week basis! Please apply today if you are interested!
Why Join Ascension?
- We encourage a diversity of talent and thought – while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good – patients and associates. Our LPN Licensed Practical Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Our Lady of Peace prides itself in employing some of the best Healthcare Professionals in Western New York. While we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced LPN Licensed Practical Nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new LPN Licensed Practical Nurses who are eager to join us. As an associate of the National Healthcare System Ascension Living, you will enjoy a full Benefits Package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career with us.
- Working at Our Lady of Peace is definitely more than just a job too. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering high-quality Healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the local community. With a mission established decades ago, your role on our team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for nearly 20 years! We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
As an LPN Licensed Practical Nurse with Ascension Living's Our Lady of Peace in Lewiston, NY, you will have the opportunity to provide basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- REQUIRED Credential(s):
- Must possess Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification credentials
- Must have NYS LPN License in good standing
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an Accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Minimum Experience: On the job training provided.
- Preferred Experience: One (1) year Medical-Surgical Skilled Nursing Home experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)