We Are Hiring
RN – Operating Room, Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside
Full-time Nights (9pm-7am), 40 hours/week: Thursday through Sunday, 4 10 hr shifts
Join our Surgical Services team at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside! As the flagship location for Ascension St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients.
In addition, Ascension is investing $55 million to create a new heart and vascular pavilion on our Riverside campus. The pavilion will include 30 medical and surgical rooms and 30 intensive care rooms, but will primarily be used for heart and vascular needs, including two nursing units devoted to caring for patients who undergo open-heart surgeries and other cardiovascular procedures. The pavilion is set to open in the fall of 2019.
As an Operating Room Nurse with Ascension St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Department of Health
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 year Operating Room RN experience
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)