We Are Hiring
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomy Tech - General Lab - Full-Time (40hrs/wk), Days - Sacred Heart Hospital - Tomahawk, WI
***Work Schedule: Day shift Monday-Friday
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to collect and processes blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing functions.
- May draw and collect blood samples according to policy. Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens. Verifies all related records.
- Works pending lists, orders add-on tests, and resolves duplicate orders.
- Sets up instruments. Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Performs clerical duties which may include answering phones, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement