We Are Hiring
Title:*RN - Medical Intensive Care Unit - High Acuity - FT*
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Intensive Care Unit 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time Night, 36 hours, Weekly
Additional Information: transplants, strokes, CRRT, rotoprone, low patient ratios, high acuity
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Long term / Short Term disability
• Life Insurance & AD&D
• Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
• 403b with company match
• Paid vacation time off
• Faith based work environment
• Legal services and much more!
Why Join Ascension?
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. Saint Thomas West provides excellence in clinical care to cardiac patients with a broad spectrum of diagnoses.
What Saint Thomas West has to offer:
· Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
· Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
· Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
· Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in Medical ICU at Saint Thomas West, you will provide direct nursing care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting opportunity for RN’s who are flexible, energetic, compassionate, and looking for new challenges in a supportive environment.
Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care plans.
Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
Observe and record patient vital signs.
Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical developments.
Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of the healthcare team.
Provide regular status updates to patients and their families to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future treatment.
Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
24/7 Nurse Practitioner coverage with dedicated MD intensivists (pulmonologists)
42 bed Intensive Care Unit
CRRT and rotoprone as 1:1 therapies
NCPS are trained in phlebotomy
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
If you are looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need:
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
ACLS is also strongly encouraged.
Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Minimum of (6) months of acute care, or hospital floor experience preferred;
Or minimum of two (2) years of medical surgical experience
Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)