We Are Hiring
Accounts Payable Project Specialist
Ministry Service Center - Indianapolis, IN
Are you a detail-oriented critical thinker looking for a challenging opportunity within a forward thinking Shared Service environment, then our Accounts Payable Team at Ascension Ministry Service Center would love to speak with you!
Why Join Ascension?
The Ascension Ministry Service Center (MSC) provides business services for all of Ascension so that front-line associates can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. Some of the services include payroll, benefits, accounts payable and accounting. Over the years, the Ministry Service Center has matured into a central hub of teams providing innovative support to associates across Ascension. Teams at the MSC are often the go-to source for complex transformations, enterprise-wide projects, new services and other work that involves understanding the complexities of a large multi-state organization.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a AP Project Specialist with Ascension Ministry Service Center, you will have the opportunity to be in charge of and assist the P2P organization on all initiatives. This role will include but is not limited to the monitoring of current and future project plans, schedules and hours worked by participating in stakeholder meetings and assuring deadlines are met in a timely manner for Ascension Health Ministries. The role will assist with all project related work in support of department initiatives, training, documentation review and metrics.
- Maintaining and monitoring AP project plans, schedules, hours, budgets and expenditures
- Organize, attend and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Document and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Preparing necessary presentation materials
- Ensure project deadlines, changes and administrative support are met
- Investigate and report to leadership any inconsistencies or control gaps identified
- Create/update/review work instructions/job aids to ensure understanding of processes and procedures
- Serve as point of contact for improvement opportunities by researching root cause and resolving issues, working with leadership, client delivery, and the client account management teams
- Ensure that the team’s Service Level Agreement metrics are met and improved; Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures necessary to support operations
- Identify and provide solutions to improve work processes, enhance quality, productivity, and service
- Compliance: Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements as well as financial and accounting standards, making recommendations on interpretation as needed for specific situations; Performs responsibilities in full compliance with standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center, health ministries and Associates to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate degree in business or management related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of Accounts Payable experience working with leadership on improvement project opportunities preferred
- Detail-oriented, knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures and financial reporting practices, understanding of software and database systems preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Ministry Service Center is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
The Ascension Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)