We Are Hiring
Heritage Day - Fortin Villa - Kankakee,IL
Monday thru Friday, 11:00AM to 6:00PM
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities for assigned class.
- Creates opportunities for enhancing student skills. Plans and implements activities that are consistent with student abilities, interests and educational plans.
- Assists with school inclusion, inclusion in alternate school settings, the development of appropriate curriculum, workshop/life skills, speech and language, art, music, and adaptive physical education.
- Provides staff in-services.
- Maintains data and other records according to protocol.
- Displays enthusiasm and appropriate energy level to maintain students motivation, cooperation, and participation.
- Encourages student independence in communication, decision making and other activities.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)