We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - General Lab - PRN, Rotating - Calumet Medical Center - Chilton, WI
***PRN Position - Hours as needed
(Note: PRN associates are not eligible for benefits and have no guarantee of horus but must work at least 4 shifts per month)
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens.
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection and special projects.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. May collect and process specimens.
- Trains and mentors non-technical staff and students.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associates degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences; or completed a military 50-60 week technician program and meets the minimum CLIA requirements; or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement