We Are Hiring
Administrative Associate - Nurse Staffing 001 - Part-Time,Evening - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
PT Primary Evenings and QOWE
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to be a member of a financial services team and/or a patient care delivery team. Perform a variety of functions with an emphasis on clerical duties.
- 1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Patient-Focused Care, continuous quality improvement, team interaction, and the mission and values of Genesys Regional Medical Center.
- 2. Maintains confidentiality of hospital matters regarding patients, physicians, visitors, co-workers, and other center members.
- 3. Maintains patient confidentiality by continuously adhering to Federal and State laws regarding the dissemination of patient medical and billing information to outside sources.
- 4. Maintains effective and quality interpersonal relationships with patients, family members, physicians, visitors, co-workers, and other center members.
- 5. Coordinates communications for entire unit; answers telephone, handles mail, fax, pager communications to--from unit in a friendly, courteous, accurate manner
- 6. Acts as a unit receptionist, information agent for patients, nursing staff, physicians, allied services, and visitors; insures that information sharing of unit operations is maintained; communicates concerns to management team for problem solving
- 7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8. Registers, admits patients to unit; accurately enters, maintains patient information into hospital computer systems including demographic, financial information; assigns, verifies patient medical record numbers
- 9. Types and prepares various forms such as pre-admission and consent forms.
- 10. Verifies, assesses coverage on all types of encounters working with third party payers included but not limited to: Blue Cross, HMOs, PPOs, private insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, private pay patients.
- 11. Receives, records payments for hospital, medical services rendered; maintains petty cash fund; balance cash drawer, prepares cash reports, bank deposits daily
- 12. Performs basic registration and admits patient to the unit.
- 13. Transcribes physician orders and enters necessary information on orders, charges, and credits into hospital information systems to insure that they are carried out in the most efficient manner.
- 14. Interviews and acts as a resource to patients and families to complete accurate birth certificates and related documents according to regulatory time frames including maintains and downloading database to MDPH. (FBC)
- 15. Files complete and accurate registers with the County Clerk's Office. (FBC)
- 16. Prepares chart for discharge.
- 17. Processes death records, assists with funeral home notification, and body release as indicated.
- 18. May assist patient care team in non-clinical activities of daily living, as directed
- 19. Final assembly, completion of medical records, keeping in consistent order, current, divided as needed
- 20. Assists with chart completion
- 21. Demonstrates proper creation of patients' Medical Records
- 22. Assembles charts according to hospital standards.
- 23. Analyzes charts according to hospital standards, and to achieve JCAHO/HFAP standards
- 24. Have prior knowledge of Terminal digit Filing system
- 25. Performs actions on Chartfact locator system
- Essential Functions: 1) Must pass a data entry proficiency test for speed and accuracy; 2) Proficient in medical terminology, hospital computer systems, and general office equipment; 3) Must possess excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, medical staff, employees, third party payers; 4) Must possess good analytical and math skills; 5) Must have mobility skills to move room-to-room, between floors, including ability to assist in lifting, moving, evacuation of patients
- Working Conditions: Work setting is a patient care unit or office; may be exposed to patient illness, communicable diseases, blood and body fluid hazards, and hazardous chemicals
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend Medical Center New Hire and department orientations.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need
- Requires completion of recognized certification program in Health Information Technology, Allied Health or similar training or demonstrated abilities or Prefer 12 months previous experience with admitting, registration, hospital third party coverage, insurance verification, billing, unit clerk, or medical records clerk; must be able to satisfactorily complete Administrative Associate Core Role Training and successfully pass a medical terminology test
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.