We Are Hiring
Asst-Pers Care-Adult Foster - Rc Other Services 002 - Full-Time,Day - Respite Howard Street - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Provides informal training and direct care to adult foster care group home clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
- Supervises, trains, and/or assists clients in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habilitation objectives.
- Assures client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheelchair, clothing and living space. Plans, schedules and transports clients to work, appointments and community activities.
- Administers and documents routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
- Assists individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.