This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Van Elslander Cancer Center is looking for a part-time, Medical Assistant who is passionate about impacting lives
Why Join Ascension?
At Ascension, we focus on improved care, team communication, and openness. We want to provide you with the support you need to engage in your passion and joy of caring for patients while avoiding burnout.
Some great perks include:
- Comprehensive benefits package including: wellness reward money, tuition reimbursement, Childcare/Daycare savings accounts (FSA), and adoption assistance.
- Career growth opportunities
- Flexible schedule
What You Will Do
Our small but mighty team is made up of 5 individuals who work together to care for the 15-20 patients we see per day. You will work alongside, 2 physicians, one nurse practitioner, who specialize in Surgical Oncology. Our culture is best described as positive, ambitious, and everyone works as a team toward success.
This is a part-time position with flexible schedule based on patient volume.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday hours.
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of our Physician or Advanced Practice Providers.
- Assist with treatments ordered by a provider and supervised by a provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, and record information on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Ordering and stocking supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Medical Assistant Certification obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date. Any issuing authority accepted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)