We Are Hiring
Surgical 1st Assistant - Obstetrical Technician - Labor And Delivery 001 - Part-Time,Day - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
SCHEDULE: PT Days, 7a-7p, M - F & Every third weekend, 32-64 hours per pay
** BENEFITS ELIGIBLE PART TIME POSITION
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to ensure the Operating rooms and Labor/Delivery/Recovery Rooms (LDR) in Labor & Delivery are adequately prepared for procedure by preparing instrumentation and equipment. The OB Tech assists surgeon by passing instruments during operative and invasive procedures and maintains sterile technique at all times and demonstrates the ability to clean and sterilize all surgical instruments. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, performs delegated patient care procedures, observes patient condition, and reports information.
- 1. The OB Technician performs direct patient care and nursing support duties including but not limited to: 2. Document data collected.
- 3. Collaborate with the RN in implementation, evaluation and modification of patient care plan based on collected data.
- 4. Collaboration with the health care team to participate in coordination of services and contribute to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- · Interact effectively with patients and families to ensure quality care.
- · Follows policies & procedures, supports the hospital and department missions, goals and objectives
- · Scrubs for C/Sections and other procedures in Labor and Delivery, prepares patient for surgery.
- · Sets-up and assists nursing staff and / or physician during delivery.
- · Monitors supplies, stocks all rooms, orders supplies and maintains equipment and instruments.
- · Communicates with nursing staff and manager to problem solve and identify unit needs.
- · Attends in-services, training and staff meetings.
- · Performs other duties as assigned.
- Essential Functions:
- 1. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional patient care, resolving patient care problems, and dealing with patients and families; often during stressful situations.
- 2. Ability to walk or stand continuously and frequently lift and position patients.
- 3. Organizational skills, observation and problem solving abilities to perform testing, asses patients medical condition and history.
- 4. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, families and supervisors.
- 5. Effective written communication and analytic skills.
- 6. Ability to walk, stoop, reach, stand, push bulky machines.
- Working Conditions:
- Normal patient care environment with moderate exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous substances, and moderately adverse Working Conditions due to performance of patient care activities.
- Orientation Requirements:
- Must attend new employee orientation and department orientation. This position, aside from the above requirements, will require on-the-job experience and training in order to acquire and effectively apply knowledge of unit and departmental policies, procedures, and standards for patient care. Must be able to pass competencies required for the Labor and Delivery unit including scrub tech competencies, Neonatal Resuscitation Course, and postpartum competencies for mom and baby. This is not all-inclusive of the required work in this unit.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. OR equivalent scrub experience is required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Basic Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Must be able to pass competencies required for Labor and Delivery unit, including but not limited to Neonatal Resuscitation course and post-partum competencies for mom and baby.
- Technical School
- Completion of a Scrub Technician program of study preferred or Or equivalent scrub experience required. Must posses the interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with patients, staff, supervisors, physicians and contacts external to the hospital.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.