We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical - Medical Surgical Maria Hall - Full-Time, Day - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Looking to fill a 3P-3A RN position. Every other weekend and every other holiday. Would consider nights 7P-7A
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
At St. Mary’s Ascension, we share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling and teamwork is the way we provide it. Our professional nurses collaborate with multiple disciplines, while maintaining autonomy, to foster the best patient outcomes.
In this position, you will enjoy a 36 day schedule, every other weekend and on a holiday rotation. We provide our nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume, so nurses don’t get overwhelmed
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines, so we can all give better care
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to our community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement within our organization.
- Compensation/Benefits: At St. Mary's, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse on Medical Surgical with St. Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.