We Are Hiring
Operations Data Specialist - SCM - Supply Chain Admin - Full-Time, Days
Can be based in multiple locations:
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through its User-Directed Integrated Solutions, The Resource Group transforms the resource and supply function delivering value through Operations and Logistics Optimization, Strategic Sourcing, and Change Management. Although it specializes in these areas, as its core, The Resource Group is rooted in the ideals of hospitality and believes that success is measured by the satisfaction of the customer. The Resource Group started as a Solution of Ascension, its success has allowed it to expand and serve various healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves over 2,500 locations including over 165 acute care hospitals across 21 states and Washington D.C.
The Resource Group is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to maintain the local master data needed to ensure the accuracy of PeopleSoft tables and participate in projects to improve remediate data and improve processes.
- Leads research and validations needed to maintain Master Data.
- Monitors local adherence to data governance policies, procedures and processes.
- Audits the overall data quality for applicable data elements at their location including querying data and using available tools to build and complete audits.
- Provides subject matter expertise to determine appropriate data values when conflicts arise.
- Ensures the appropriateness of data requests; researches whether a data element already exists to meet the requirements of the request; internally vets requests cross functionally with their Health Ministry prior to submission.
- Acts as a “gatekeeper” for their Health Ministry to ensure all information required is gathered, accurate and complete prior to submitting the request to the Transactional Master Data Management team.
- Ensures transactional accuracy through ownership of Requisitioner Training. Responsible for conducting Training Sessions. Accountable to Requisitioner Key Performance Indicators.
- Supports local Supply Chain Operations through Vendor management including Vendor data management and proactive communication to Vendors detailing the Procure to Pay process unique to Ascension Health Ministries.
- Supports accurate Supply Expense reporting through Item management including contract linkage, Unit of Measure validation, and UNSPSC validation.
- Leads and/or participates in data remediation projects
- Leads and/or participates in process improvement projects
- Is a change leader and is comfortable suggesting opportunities for improvement
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred
- Project management preferred
- Experience with the Google Suite of products preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)