We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Emergency Room Registered Nurses at Ascension St. John in Tulsa OK.
Schedule: Full Time; 12-hour shifts; Days; 7am - 7pm
Experience Required: This department is at capacity for new grads at this time
You can expect to stay busy caring for patients in our 46 emergency beds plus a 10-bed minor care facility. Ascension St. John is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. Ascension St. John is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. We are an American College of Surgeons verified Level II Trauma Center, a Comprehensive Stroke hospital and staffs 24/7 to treat emergency and trauma patients.
You will be provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge of emergency nursing as we offer comprehensive care to a variety of patients. We offer a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development. Our RN’s are offered an in-depth comprehensive emergency nursing orientation tailored towards the experience level of the nurse. Following orientation, there is continued growth and development through advanced emergency nursing courses. Our emergency nurses are certified in trauma, stroke, pediatrics, and cardiac advanced cardiac care. The goal of the department is to ensure you have the necessary tools and experience to assure success.
What You Will Do:
As an emergency room nurse, you’ll have the opportunity to work as part of an important medical team to assist patients facing traumatic injuries and sudden serious illnesses. You will work alongside other emergency medical professionals in fast-paced environment. Additionally, as an emergency nurse you will usually treat a wide demographic, as well as, patients from all different socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Minimum of 6 months RN experience will be preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)