We Are Hiring
Compliance Officer, Accidents & Incidents - Compliance Corporate - Full-Time,Day - VIRTUAL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension System Office-MO, you will have the opportunity to:
Lead, direct, guide and assist on compliance matters for areas of responsibility related to the organization. Responsible on an enterprise-wide basis for supporting Chief Compliance Officer and managing key designated aspects of the compliance program.
Investigations & Incidents Compliance Officer
- Leads and oversees compliance investigations across Ascension, partnering with Legal and Human Resources, as necessary
- Works closely and collaboratively with HIPAA Privacy Officer and Clinical & Regulatory Compliance Officer on investigations and incidents
- Engages with federal and state regulators for compliance investigations and disclosures, as necessary, and in coordination with Legal
- Provides guidance and strategy regarding potential disclosure options, potential repayments, and other related considerations
- Develops internal investigations guidelines and protocols to ensure consistency and standardization of processes and application across the organization
- Provides guidance to Sr. Directors (of the Markets) regarding the handling of Values Line incidents to drive greater consistency and standardization for timely handling and closure of reported issues and concerns
- Identifies training opportunities and assists with needed compliance education and training based on key risk areas trending through compliance investigations and Values Line calls
- Prepares trending reports on significant compliance investigations and Values Line calls and presents to key executives and other key stakeholders, as requested
- Handles matters relating to excluded and precluded persons and related potential repayments
- Serves as a compliance thought leader and is proactive in approach
What You Will Need
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)