We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care - Full-Time, Rotating - 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, and 240 Maple Street, Woodruff, Wisconsin
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 23 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is actively seeking a Nurse Practitioner join our Palliative Care team at Howard Young Medical Center, Woodruff, and Saint Mary's Hospital, Rhinelander, Wisconsin. This is an ideal opportunity to join an organization that prioritizes patient care and promotes a strong work/life balance. The successful candidate will share our commitment to quality healthcare and compassionate patient service.
- Work schedule Monday - Friday
- No call
- Covering both Saint Mary's Hospital and Howard Young Medical Center - flexibilty in schedule
- Practice autonomously and be comfortable working independently
- Strong empathy skills/ability to relate to patient illness. Courage to have those hard conversations
- Experience or knowledge of serious pain management is a plus
- Experience with Advanced Care planning
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning treatment options and community resources.
- Previous Palliative Care experience preferred
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
- Previous experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement