We Are Hiring
Heritage Day Break - Kankakee,IL
Adult Day Care Director
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to oversee all related operations and provides supervision and leadership to ensure that services provided meet with current best professional practices and adhere to all legal and regulatory requirements while ensuring that persons receiving services are treated with the highest degree of dignity and respect.
- Identifies health, education and psycho-social needs of older individuals in the community and develops programs, projects, and activities based on assessed needs.
- Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities; ensures operational compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensures that services provided are centered around individual needs and preferences; Recommends appropriate staffing patterns and physical plant needs necessary to meet the needs of persons served.
- Ensures that direct support staff are receiving effective operational supervision and support; provides effective supervision and leadership and evaluates departmental and individual performance and productivity while managing resources to ensure efficient and effective operations.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)