We Are Hiring
Technologist-Sonography - Perinatology 001 - Part-Time, Days - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Schedule: Three days a week: 8:00AM to 4:30PM (Flexible work days)
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- General Radiography is also required in addition to any specialty. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Maryland Board of Physicians required ONLY if an ARRT certification is held.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Certification from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) also accepted.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Graduate from a accredited Sonography Diagnostic program. Medical Sonographer in Obstetrics credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDM)
- None required.
- Two years of ultrasound experience preferably in a Maternal Fetal Medicine setting. Will consider new graduate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.