We Are Hiring
Radiology Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology - Full-Time, Days - Ascension Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 8am to 9 pm, including some weekends.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg offers extensive speciality service lines including diagnostic imaging with 3D mammography services; surgery in our 40,000 square foot Surgery Center with state-of-the-art technology including robotic assisted, minimally invasive procedures with the daVinci Robotic Surgical System; a Level II nursery and central fetal monitoring system; a newly renovated Heart Center and catheterization lab; an Emergency department recognized as a Level III trauma center; physical and occupational therapy and much more.
What Ascension Via Christi offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Radiology technologist with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Position patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts .
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)