We Are Hiring
Specialist-Technical Lab - Freestanding ER Dept 001 - Full-Time, Rotating - Freestanding ER Arlington - Jacksonville,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to
Researches and provides technical information, coordination, and direction on new techniques, testing methods and procedures for the Laboratory.
- Serves as a technical consultant for advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving in area of expertise.
- Contacts medical personnel regarding specimen acceptability, results, clarification of requests and other laboratory problems.
- Prepares and revises standardized policies and procedures for Laboratory facilities and sites.
- Performs data collection, advanced data analysis, and correlates data with pathology and physiologic states or clinical conditions to determine validity of data.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Laboratory Supervisor credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)