We Are Hiring
RN Clinical Program Coordinator - DCMG Pediatric Plastic Surgery - Full-Time,Day - Strictly Peds Med Office Bldg - Austin,TX
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm. Weekends my be possible.
Specialty: Pediatric Cleft lip and Cleft Palate
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Program Coordinator with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to coordinate nursing program activities and resources within clinical specialty of pediatric plastic and craniofacial surgery. You will be an integral member of the team. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate outpatient care and activities. Our team works collaboratively in establishing patient goals to ensure effective outcomes. Strong communication skills are important in interacting with our patients and their families as well as with our healthcare team. The coordinator will function as head nurse of the program and in collaboration with the program medical director, APP lead, and program manager will manage all nursing activities and help resource the program nursing needs. She/he will serve as a liaison for the patient/family throughout the continuum of care, providing support through the prenatal period to young adulthood. The position will encompass direct patient care, management and data systems development and implementation. Exact roles and responsibilities will be determined at start and in line with personal goals and interests in support of program needs. This position would be ideal for an RN with both education and clinical experience. Professional growth to be furthered by participating in learning activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
Clinical Operations Manager of the outpatient Cleft Lip and Palate Program, Craniofacial Program, Pediatric Plastic Surgery clinics, Vascular Malformation clinic, and all other associated clinics and services related to the Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery Service Line of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Provide direct care to patients in the cleft lip and palate program
- Manage the provision of care
- Work with the clinic operations manager and program medical director to determine staffing and appropriate scheduling of clinics
- Maximize efficiency and quality of care
- Work with program medical director to establish, implement, codify, and manage adherence to clinical care pathways and protocols around the diagnosis, treatment, and surveillance of disease
- Manage the interaction between associated clinics and services including but not limited to Craniofacial Orthodontics, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Neurosurgery.
- Work with APP manager to maintain appropriate coverage and care of patients and adherence to protocols.
- Develop educational materials
- Develop and distribute paper and digital educational materials aimed to improve patient and family understanding of disease and management of disease, care continuum.
- Develop and distribute educational materials aimed to improve referring provider knowledge of disease, our system of care, easy and efficient access to care
- Manage access to care
- Improve the efficiency and ease to which patients and referring providers can access services and care provided by the Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery Service Line of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, 24hrs, 7 days per week
- Manage nursing competence and development within the outpatient arm of Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery Service Line of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Work with the APP manager to manage efficient transition of care pathways between outpatient and inpatient arenas
- Manage and coordinate the efficient evaluation of outside hospital patient consultations. Act as a liaison for outside hospital nursery education and supplies to support Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery Service Line of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas patients and potential patients.
- ACPA accreditation
- Submit all necessary paperwork to maintain ACPA accreditation
- Maintain competence of all accreditation standards and work with medical program director, clinic operation manager, and admin to ensure compliance
- Attend ACPA conference annually to maintain relationships; keep up to date on future direction and changes within the organization and its impact to the programs
- Program Data System
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a data system that forms the basis for the evaluation of outcomes, efficiency of delivery, burden and cost of care. Assist with consistent and complete data entry
- Manage and minimize impact of such system on the efficiency of delivery of care
- Program managed conferences
- Manage the Treatment Planning, Cleft Multidisciplinary, Program Development, and any other conferences associated with the Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery Service Line of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Manage the interface between our program and other program’s conferences, eg. CF patients being discussed at Airway Conference or Oncology Conf. Ensure proper physician participation in these conferences as needed.
- Customer Service
- Assist clinic operations manager in promoting top notch customer service and the collection of data to evaluate customer service data
- Community outreach
- Camp Amig
- Oversee the yearly cleft camp hosted by Camp for All and funded by Austin Smiles. Specific responsibilities are carried out by a host of staff members including patient invitations/acceptance, staffing, transport, funding, etc. Role of Coordinator is to ensure coverage and assignments.
- Austin Smiles
- Maintain relationship with Austin Smiles organization that helps fund the annual Christmas party and Camp Amigo
- Cleft Christmas party
- Ensure proper execution of the annual patient Christmas party
- Participate in development of materials for referring or potential referring practices as needed.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Diploma · BSN minimum, MSN preferred
- Data Science education and/or experience preferred.
2 years experience with Pediatric Cleft lip and Cleft Palate patients, outpatient clinic. Research experience, to include retrieving, entering and analyzing data preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.