We Are Hiring
Physician - ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITALIST - Full-Time,7 on/7 off - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham,AL
St. Vincent’s Birmingham provides the most innovative orthopedic treatment to individuals of all ages. Be part of a team of orthopedic specialists committed to helping patients on their journey to recovery. Busy practice treating high-volume, low acuity post-surgical patients.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham Employed Orthopedic Hospitalist
- Block schedule, seven-on, seven-off
- APP support for cross coverage on all shifts
- No procedures
- Code team
- Cerner – electronic medical record
- High-volume, low acuity post-surgical patients
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Benefits of Working for St. Vincent’s Health System
- Work with collegial and supportive orthopedic surgeons
- Outstanding sub-specialty support
- Competitive pay: base + wRVU productivity
- Most advanced orthopedic physicians in the U.S.
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Full benefits package
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Deferred Compensation Plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to
Provides medical services to orthopedic patients in at St. Vincent's Birmingham.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
- Board Certified or Board Eiligible in Internal Medicine preferred
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine wtih previous Hospilatist experience or fellowship
- 3 - 5 years' Hospitalist experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)