We Are Hiring
Phlebotomist - OKC
Department: PSC OKC Royal
Schedule: 30 hours weekly, Part Time Evenings M-F 3p-930p
Location: RML OKLAHOMA CITY Ok.
Regional Medical Laboratory Inc. (RML), part of Ascension St. John , is a nationally-renowned commercial reference laboratory that provides testing services for physicians and hospitals within a four-state region and performs more than 9 million procedures each year. RML provides services for multiple hospitals in the Oklahoma region and several satellite locations in Tulsa, northeastern and central Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
As an Associate with Ascension St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing and perform multiple clerical and processing functions.
- May draw and collect blood samples according to policy. Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens. Verifies all related records.
- Works pending lists, orders add-on tests, and resolves duplicate orders.
- Sets up instruments. Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Performs clerical duties which may include answering phones, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Phlebotomy Tech.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Tech credentialed from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians. All issuing authorities accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)