We Are Hiring
RN Educator-Clinical-Diabetes - Diabetes Education
PRN, Rotating - ASV Riverside Hospital - Jacksonville, FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As the Clinical Diabetes RN Educator, you will have the opportunity to asses, plan, implement and evaluate educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
- Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serves as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
What You Will Need
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Certified Educator specializing in Diabetes Management credentialed from the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- Preferred - Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialists
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)