This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) – Float Staff - Full-Time, Night - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
13 bed Intensive Care Unit caring for ARDS, sepsis, pneumonia and GI bleed DKA, Post TPA Stroke patients, Drug Overdose, ESRD with CVVHD and other non-surgical critically ill patients. The ICU is a strong multidisciplinary team of medical professionals providing exceptional intensive care to our most ill patients.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital you will have the opportunity to
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health and/or the situation.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the issues.
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement the identified plan.
- Evaluate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Practice ethically.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contribute to quality nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluate your nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and regulations.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health information on a "need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e., special projects and committees.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current ACLS certification or obtain within six (6) months of hire or transfer required.
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital orientation required.
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) course preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred.
- Current ENPC preferred.
- NIHSS certification preferred.
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) certification preferred.
- Graduate from an accredit School of Nursing at time of hire/transfer date BSN preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years acute care experience in the past (4) years required. Successful completion of twelve (12) hour Telemetry Class within one (1) year of hire or transfer date required.Tto work with a Hospital defined specialty patient, the Registered Nurse must meet the competency requirements of that patient population as defined by CHMC Nursing Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.