We Are Hiring
RN-Behavioral Health - Adlt Psychiatry ICU Unit 001 - Full-Time, Day - DePaul Center - Waco, TX
7a-7p, with rotating weekends
Why Join Ascension Providence DePaul Center?
Ascension Providence DePaul Center is a psychiatric and substance abuse resource center for families who are coping with sudden and unexpected mental health situations.
Ascension Providence DePaul Center is licensed by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services and is accredited by The Joint Commission. Ascension Providence DePaul Center is also certified as a provider by Medicare and Medicaid.
Ascension Providence DePaul Center offers both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs as well as numerous support groups and community education. Ascension Providence DePaul Center provides Senior Services, Adult Psychiatric Services and Chemical Dependency Services. Free assessments and information are available. Ascension Providence DePaul Center is your resource for mental health treatment.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Network-TX, you will have the opportunity to provide direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment plan.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN) obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date-OR current home state license for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- 1 - 2 YRs RN Experience Preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.