We Are Hiring
Technician-EEG - EEG 001 - Part-Time,Day - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Work Schedule: Every Saturday. Also will include on-call and holiday shifts.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic electroencephalograph (EEG) testing.
- Attaches, connects, and operates electrodes from specified body areas to leads from electroencephalograph machine.
- Reviews patient's record and instructs patients prior to procedures. Monitors patient during procedures and reports any abnormal findings.
- Identifies and corrects for artifacts. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
- Maintains EEG equipment and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Electroencephalographic Technician credentialed from the ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing & Accreditation (ABRET).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- EEG-Electroencephalogram experience required if no certification held
- Will accept new EEG grads with certification
- Electromyography (EMG) experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.