This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician (BU) - Pharmacy Services General 001 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension St. Mary's - Saginaw,MI
This is a union position.
Variable hours and days
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pull medications for pharmacist check and delivery to floor.
- Compounds sterile and non-sterile products for patient use. Compounds sterile products in the low- and medium-risk USP 797 categories. Handles and compounds sterile products which may include drugs in the hazardous medication listing.
- Performs order entry and order messaging in the electronic health record.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.