We Are Hiring
Cyber Security Incident Response Specialist
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to lead the design and execution of deployed business application systems. Mentors less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
- Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) Coordinator: Will go through training for CSIRT Coordinator role and will be placed into on-call rotation schedule. Will be required to lead CSIRT events from detection to closure. Will be responsible for:
- Leadership communications
- Coordination of technical teams during the event
- Completion of CSIRT checklists
- Documentation of final analysis report
- Completion of After Action Analysis and documentation
- Advanced Threat Hunting: Will be responsible for taking out of band Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and completing threat hunts for identified IOCs within the Ascension environment. Requires use of multiple tools such as Tanium, Cylance, Chronicle, Fortinet, etc.
- Advanced Triage of critical security events: Will act as an escalation point for critical events. Will need to understand Ascensions infrastructure and workflows. Creating\enhancing process workflows, playbooks and processes to improve security response abilities
- Work with team on developing new SEcurity Operations Center (SOC) capabilities and trends to improve incident response times and metrics. May require learning new technologies and how to integrate them into existing workflows and\or developing new workflows.
- Being able to work in a team environment:
- Able to work closely with others
- Share information
- Communication skills (verbal and writing)
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years IT security experience
- CISSP certification or equivalent within a specialized security field
- Technical ability such as, scripting, security tools experience, log monitoring, malware analysis, memory analysis, etc
- Ability to multitask
- Understanding of basic network infrastructure components
- Incident Response experience
- Ability to think and respond rapidly to critical security situations
- On-Call and after hours work (as needed and scheduled)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)