What You Will Do
First Surgical Assistant - Sign on Bonus Offered
Full-Time Rotating - 40 hours per week (Five 8 hour shifts) PM Flex Shift Offered
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee - Milwaukee,WI
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required