We Are Hiring
Alexian Village of Milwaukee, an Ascension Living community, is looking for an experienced Environmental Services Manager to join the team! This gorgeous 440 bed continuing care retirement community offers independent living, assisted living, long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
Why Join Ascension?
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Why join Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision and retirement plans with a company match
- Flexible scheduling and student-friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As an Environmental Services Manager, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations for environmental services, creating an environment for the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for environmental services consistent with the mission and strategic plan of the organization
- Select and maintain stock of products and equipment to ensure compliance with facility specifications
- Manage daily activities of EVS staff, including training, hiring, terminations, orienting and evaluating performance
- Assign duties to ensure work tasks are accomplished efficiently, ensuring adequate staffing and supplies
- Participate in creating and maintaining a clean, sanitary property free from odor, debris and clutter
- Assume responsibility for providing a safe environment by the proper use of caution signs, proper chemical use and storage, reporting hazardous situations and broken equipment, proper use of equipment and supplies, and knowledge of fire and disaster procedures
- Assure compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials handling and fire safety standards
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
License & Certification
Education & Experience
- Required Education
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience, or
- Associate's degree, or
- Technical degree required
- Required Experience
- 2 years of experience required
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)