We Are Hiring
Auditor-Coding - Patient Accounting 013 - FT Days - Lansdowne Station-Halethorpe - Halethorpe, MD
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri. 8:00AM-5:00PM
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to perform periodic and ongoing audits of claims to ensure accuracy of coding and billing, and sufficiency of supporting documentation.
- Audits specified number of records per coder as defined in the system coding audit plan.
- Prepares audit reports that are issued to key stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Develops corrective action plans to address opportunities for coding, billing and documentation improvement.
- Identifies trends and educational opportunities. Prepares and presents educational programs related to coding.
- Assists in the management of the coding and billing auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.