We Are Hiring
Liaison-Patient/Visitor - St. Vincent's East - Night Shift
PRN, Temporary Position
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-Al, you will assist with entry point screening stations for visitors and patient and have the opportunity to act as a liaison between guests, staff and patients to respond to patient and guest information inquiries.
- Receives, screens, routes and/or responds to all incoming inquiries for information, directions or concerns.
- Receives guest suggestions and complaints and escalates through proper channels.
- Provides patient information in compliance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements and organizational privacy policies.
- Identifies and report issues of safety and maintenance.
- Assists in improving patient satisfaction while keeping volunteer office management informed of potential problems. Anticipates familys needs and resolves issues before they become major source of concern.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)