We Are Hiring
CT Technologist - Computerized Tomography
Part-Time, Evening (7% shift differential): 11a - 7:30p, 3p - 11:30p, and 5p - 1:30a, rotational weekends and some holidays.
Benefit Eligible Position
Ascension Genesys HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to
Responsible for performing all CT procedures without requiring constant supervision. Can exercise independent judgment and initiative to produce high quality diagnostic images, using proper positioning technique and radiation safety practices (ALARA). The Technologist must have the ability to set up and monitor the operations of computerized tomography equipment such as the computer, optical disc unit, gantry, power injector, and use laser images to produce hard copy images(when needed). Must have and understanding of protocols and procedures used in CT scanning. Work directly with patients, physicians and fellow associates. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- 1. Perform computed tomography procedures:
- A. Collaborate patients clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for the Radiologist. B. Prepares patient for procedures; providing instruction to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and help minimize anxiety. C. Operates computed tomographic equipment and accessories (perform tube warm-ups and calibrations daily).
- D. Selects appropriate program for the desired protocol.
- E. Position patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patients ability and comfort.
- F. Immobilize patient as required for appropriate examination.
- G. Applies principles of radiation protection, when appropriate, to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
- H. Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patient during procedures.
- I. Assists the Radiologist/Physician during interventional CT procedures, and assumes aseptic surgical techniques.
- J. Understand methods and is capable of performing venipuncture (using aseptic techniques)
- K. In agreement with institutional policies prepares, identifies and/or administers contrast media.
- L. Evaluates images for technical quality, manipulates display parameters, has knowledge of Retrospective Reformations, Post Processing Reformations and FMPRs (provides hardcopy films when necessary).
- M. Maintain archival storage of digitized data as appropriate.
- N. Initiates basic life support actions when necessary.
- 2. Provides patient education.
- 3. Assists in maintaining patient records, respecting confidentiality and Institutional policies.
- 4. Assumes responsibly for assigned area and reports equipment malfunctions.
- 5. Provides practical instruction for students.
- 6. Maybe responsible for the control of inventory and purchase of supplies for assigned area.
- 7. Maintain knowledge of and observes Universal precautions.
- 8. Understands and applies patient relation skills.
- 9. Perform routine cleaning of all CT equipment.
- 10. Pursues appropriate continuing education.
- 11. Positively identifies patients using 2-patient identifiers.
- 11. Other duties under scope of computerized topography.
- Essential Functions:
- 1. Ability to be mobile and have normal manual dexterity.
- 2. Must effectively communicate orally, written, by phone, with staff, physicians patients.
- 3. Assist, move, transfer, support and lift patients.
- 4. Ability to move standard Radiological equipment.
- 5. Ability to plan, follow directions and problem solve.
- 6. Ability to teach and instruct.
- 7. Knowledge to learn to operate the Medical Centers PACS and Radiology Information System.
- Working Conditions:
- Works in a normal patient care environment, where there are exposures to communicable and infectious diseases. Work requires exposure to hazardous ionizing radiation.
- Orientation Requirements:
- Must complete Genesys new hire orientation and department orientation.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Technician Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Must obtain CT registration within 16 months following transfer to CT position (12 weeks onsite training, then pass CT registry within 1 year).
- Requires a graduate of an Accredited Radiologic Technology Program with 4 - 6 weeks training in CT scanning
- Requires 1 or more year experience in general Radiology, which includes 6 to 12 months experience working with CT scanners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.