We Are Hiring
Surgical Technologist - Surgery Recovery Room 001 - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Allegan Hospital - Allegan, MI.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to responsible for coordination of intraoperative needs of the patient from the sterile field.
- Assembles the required sterile supplies and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains the sterile field.
- Assists with establishing/completing the sterile drape of the patient.
- Passes instruments and other supplies in a safe and acceptable manner so that the surgeon does not have to turn away from the surgical field to receive the instrument.
- Develops and improves skills in the organization of work and in assisting the surgeon by learning to use economy in time, motion, and materials.
- Monitors aseptic technique within the sterile field.
- Maintains an orderly surgical field.
- Counts sharps, sponges and instruments as required.
- Properly identifies and promptly places the specimen in the appropriate container.
- Disposes of trash, linen and sharps during clean up following the completion of the surgical procedure.
- Transfers soiled instruments and equipment to the Soiled Utility Room for decontamination.
- Completes decontamination if the Instrument Technician is not available.
- Removes all unused supplies from the Operating Room not required for the next procedure.
- Provides the Circulating Nurse with data required for completion of the OR Nurses Notes such as amount of irrigation solution used, amount of specific medications used, and details of implantable items.
- Differentiate sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Identify emergency situations and use sound judgment in instituting established procedures to respond to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
- Works according to both Association and AGH Personnel Policy Manual guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certificate of credentialing from the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of a Surgical Technology program or on-the-job training program required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.