We Are Hiring
Technologist-Surgical-Certifie - Surgery IP 001 - Full-Time,Day - Indianapolis-8111 Township Lin - Indianapolis, IN
Shift Information: 8 or 10 hour day shift, beginning at 7am.
Rotating weekday evening/night, weekend and holiday call.
Requirements/Preferences: CST Certification, experience in Surgery
Sign On Bonus: For qualified applicants (1 year + experience), there's a $10,000 Sign On Bonus.
Information about the Unit/Cases/Staff:
- CST: Scrub and pick cases (put together Inst Carts), they relieve each other for lunches.
- GYN, Mastectomies, Breast Recon, Urology (small part), not much cosmetics, no babies or C Sections.
- Staff: 5/CSTs, 6/RNs, 3 OR Suites, end early often (only Day Shifts)
- CSFA: Only work Davinci cases (%6 of cases in 2019), the rest of the time they work as CSTs
- Insert Trocar into Abdomen (must know this procedure).
- Don't have time to teach CSFA's so they must be experienced already.
- Schedule: 40 hours, Days, 4/10s or 5/8s, must work till 5:30P. Early shifts often. No set days off, must be flexible although they'll try to help accommodate.
- Call: Eve/Nights and only Emergencies on Weekends, very rare weekend cases and very rare getting called in at all. Call generally means staying later than 5:30P.
- $5/hr for Call Period and TIme 1/2 when working Call.
- If Called, work 1 case then go home.
- GYN Residency Program: Medical Students becoming DRs. They cover a lot of what CSFAs would be doing which is why it's rarely needed.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)