We Are Hiring
Spv-Radiation Therapy - Radiation Oncology Anc 002 - Full-Time, Day - Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily activities of assigned staff.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Provides input for hiring and termination procedures.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and desired patient outcomes.
- Assists with quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff as new techniques/procedures are developed and introduced into service. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services.
- Responsible for ensuring all department activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Responsible for ensuring prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiation Therapy credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiation Therapist credentialed from the New York Department of Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. NYS ARRT Certified & CE Compliant.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.