We Are Hiring
Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Positron EmissionTomography - Full-Time,Day - 36 hours a week
Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Health System - Evansville,IN
Work Schedule: Primarily day shift with mandatory weekends, holidays and on call responsibilities
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. Ascension St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. Ascension St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Nuclear Medicine Technologist Associate with Ascension St.Vincent Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Indiana Medical Radiology Services Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. AND/OR Nuclear Medicine Certification (NMTCB/CNMT)
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)