We Are Hiring
Rep-Patient Accounts - MH Adult Clinic Montg - Full-Time, Day - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to initial contact for the public. Receives payments and allowances and performs data entry of payments, allowances and account adjustments in an accurate and timely manner. Handles inquiries, completes correspondence, accepts private payments and posts cash on a daily basis.
- Reviews and processes insurance explanation of benefits statements for accuracy. Refers debit/credit balances to collectors and refers credit balances for resolution. Reviews accounts on which credit balances exist and determines reason for the credit balance. Appropriately adjusts the contractual allowance if in error, completes a transfer if a payment was applied to an incorrect account or requests a refund if an overpayment exists.
- Reports recurring insurance payment discrepancies and works with team to resolve. Identifies accounts on which contractual adjustments are incorrect by working the daily credit balance report.
- Reconciles bank deposits to payments entered into the financial system in a timely manner to ensure accurate account data.
- Reviews accounts and responds in a timely manner. Responds to third party inquiries and works to resolve circumstances that create unwarranted debit/credit balances.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.