We Are Hiring
As a Certified Medical Assistant on the Float Team with Ascension Medical Group, you will have the opportunity to assists with the examination and treatment of patients in a variety of Health Care office settings including Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Specialty for Jacksonville, FL and surrounding areas including South Georgia. This is a Full-time position with rotating hours; days, nights, weekends.
Schedule: Full time, Rotating - Schedule to include night and weekends as needed.
This position is eligable for additional Float Compensation!
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) by hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant.
- Nat'l Medical Assistant (MA) Certification - CMA (Cert. Medical Assistant), RMA (Registered Medical Assistant)/AAMA Cert. (American Association of Medical Assistants). NCCT, AAMA, or AMT are acceptable certification sites.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Two year Medical Assistant Experience
- Completion of Basic Machine Operators (BMO) cert. preferred. Current registration with State of FL as a BMO Operator preferred.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)