We Are Hiring
Echocardiography Technologist - Peripheral Vascular Lab 001 - PRN, Rotating - Franklin Hospital - Franklin, WI
Work Schedule - Evening, weekend and holiday call rotation. Availability for various 1st shift hours for vacations etc. as needed preferred.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Sets up and adjusts all imaging equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. General Radiography is also required in addition to any specialty. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement