We Are Hiring
Spv-Environmental Svcs - Housekeeping 002 - Full-Time,Day - Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam,NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to act as a liaison between attendants and management to ensure service excellence.
- Supervises, coordinates and performs duties of an environmental services attendant as required, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens, floor finishing, stocking paper items and other supplies, and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Performs regular inspections of all areas to determine need for services and/or quality of services performed. Communicates findings and recommendations to manager.
- Provides guidance and coaching to attendants as needed.
- Conducts service recovery efforts in response to questions and/or concerns from patients, visitors and organization personnel according to the department's customer service protocols.
- Assists the department manager with payroll, scheduling, education of department staff, budget and other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.