We Are Hiring
As a PRN Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm (some traveling when needed)
- Sets up and adjusts all imaging equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty is applicable.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)