We Are Hiring
Director of Labor Relations
Are you a proven Labor Relations leader? We are looking for YOU!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director of Labor Relations with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to support an effective associate and labor relations climate, including an operationally effective labor relationship with local union leadership.
- Participates in contract negotiations with labor unions, coordinating with management to solicit input and understanding of agreements reached.
- Administers collective bargaining agreements, including grievance administration, data to target and improve problem areas, and advice, coaching and mentoring to managers on developing issues.
- Develops methods to build corporate history regarding associate relations on policy interpretation and provides access to system-wide Human Resources professionals.
- Serves as project lead for associate and labor matters in process improvement initiatives.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluation of staff.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Contract negotiation experience is strongly preferred.
- Grievance and arbitration experience is strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements is strongly preferred.
- Travel up to 50%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)