What You Will Do
Surgical Instrument Technician- Sterile Processing
Full-Time Evenings - 40 hour per week
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Milwaukee,WI
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
- High school diploma or GED required