We Are Hiring
Looking for a Part Time Medical Lab Scientist for our Clay County Campus in Middleburg, FL.
*** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus with a 2 year commitment required ***
Shift: Part Time - Every Weekend - Night Shift - Friday (6pm - 6am) and Saturday (6pm - 6am)
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
· Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May process specimens.
· Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
· Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
· Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
· Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
· Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
· Required Credential(s):
§ Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Florida license must include qualification in Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Microbiology and Blood Bank.
§ Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
§ Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
§ Medical Technologist credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
§ Medical Technologist credentialed from the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB).
· Minimum of Associate Degree required. BS degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)