We Are Hiring
Facilities Assistant - Bio Medical Engineering 002 - Full-Time, Rotating - Ascension Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
Full-Time - 7:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. with every other weekend
Primary location will be St. Francis, but could work at St. Joseph if needed
*This is a BioMed position. This position entails cleaning medical equipment that our patients use*
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region, which dates back more than 125 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, our integrated health system – with hospitals, physician clinics, therapy centers and other health services – is the largest healthcare provider in Kansas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to assists with the maintenance of equipment, systems and structures.
- Assists with performing testing, inspection, implementation and maintenance of equipment, systems and structures.
- Performs minor repairs and replacements, including replacing light bulbs and fire extinguishers, as requested/necessary.
- Receives and distributes materials throughout the facility.
- Performs the moving of items within/between locations and from/to storage, including furniture, equipment, and files.
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction and initiates immediate corrective action on minor deficiencies; reports major problems to maintenance supervisor for appropriate action.
- Performs general inspections of properties during repair visits and initiates work orders as necessary.
- Knows and adheres to safety codes and regulatory agency requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Valid Kansas Driver's License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record and insurability per Via Christi's policy is also required.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)