We Are Hiring
Looking for a great opportunity with a sign on bonus?!
****$5K Sign-On Bonus with 2 year commitment required****
Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled associates at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside. As the flagship location for St. Vincent’s HealthCare, St. Vincent’s Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Why join Ascension?
Caring Team: Working together as a team, our associates are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Shift: Monday-Friday (5) 8hr or (4)10 hr rotating shifts between 7 AM-7 PM
Prepare patients for procedures. Review medical history, position patients and clean/shave/numb testing sites as appropriate.
Interpret, describe and report test results; recognize recording errors and artifacts and react appropriately.
Monitor patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly report any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
Prepare and maintain equipment, supplies and lab area.
Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
Ready to fulfill your calling with a company that cares? Apply today
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to assist with procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the cardiovascular system.
- Prepares patients for procedures. Reviews medical history, positions patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as appropriate.
- Interprets, describes and reports test results; recognizes recording errors and artifacts and reacts appropriately.
- Monitors patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly reports any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty is applicable.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Florida Radiologic Technology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)